Existing Member?

Shells Travelling Adventures Snap shot of my life in Canada!

Snow has arrived...BRRRRR!

CANADA | Monday, 22 November 2010 | Views [707]

After the storm cleared - view from our deck of the ski hill

After the storm cleared - view from our deck of the ski hill

Just been working and not even breaking even with how much money I'm making haha, $8.50 an hour is rediculous! I have no idea how anyone lives and does anything here on that amount of money aye.

Tuesday 23rd went out the peeps from Extra Foods for wings and some drinks at the Pub.

The next day we woke up to snow and lots of it and it just kept on snowing for the next three days. Crazy, crazy amounts of snow fell and it was brrrrr! Freezing cold. Awesome that the snow has arrived in time for the hill to open though.

Wednesday and Thursday I had to walk a hour in the snow to work and back again. Was crazy blizzard on thursday morning and the wind factor made it about 5 degrees colder aye. My face was extremely red and frozen when i get there. Had my gumboots that I thought would be awesome for walking on ice etc but turns out they weren't that good at all. I did wear them all summer so the grip is probably gone by now so had purchase some proper snow boots which were only $40 and they go down to about -40 which is saweeeeeet.

Went to a Ghostriders game on Friday which is the local ice hockey team here. They are a pretty good team and wasted the others 6-2. Was a good game, so freakin fast though. Getting better with the rules though.

Saturday night went to Sarah and Dan's (extra foods people) for a fire and drinks. They have a sweet fire pit on their front lawn. Walked around the river to theirs and it was such a hard trek cos the snow was still pretty deep and it's way way colder now. Was at least -20 there and colder on the way home. Came home at about 130am and it was so so chilly. Thanks mum, made cheese on toast with marmite when we got home, YUMMY! Miss that taste heaps. Their flat mates went to Shambhala which was random. Even more random is that Sarah and Dan were in Exmouth in Jan on Australia day which is when we were there, funny aye.

Pretty hung over today so I'll called in sick for Marsh haha. Pretty much slept all day and didn't venture out into the freezing outside. Had some toffee pop treats too, thanks mum.

Going up the hill tomorrow for some meeting and then Marsh starts on the 1st Dec for his 4 days and then I start on the 5th Dec. The hill opens in the 4th Dec, cannot wait to get up there. We bought these snowborad DVD's to learn jumps, jibbing and buttering so we are waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully they can get through the snow and deliver them to us real soon.

We told Extra Foods that we are leaving the other day too. They are sweet so will just give them our roster up the hill and they will hopefully still gives us 2 shifts at night there but not a big deal if not.

We are thinking of doing the USA summer camp thing. We have met people here that have done it for the last few years and have loved it. We would start working at the start of June so it would still give us time to do our road trip etc. Still looking into but we will probably do it. I might teach horse riding and not sure what Marsh would do yet but will see, will see.

Tags: 83cm of snow in 3 days boom

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.