Existing Member?

Shells Travelling Adventures Snap shot of my life in Canada!

Waiting for the snow to fall

CANADA | Saturday, 13 November 2010 | Views [601]

We have just been plodding along, working at extra foods and watching Entourage, pretty much, love that show, so funny!

Marsh and I checked out one of the bars, Bulldogs, last Wedneday and it was pretty lame, real quiet but was good to have a wee looksee.

We ended up deciding to tell Tom (our boss up the hill) that our visa would run out in Feb and he said our job offer still stands as it was, so we are super stoked with that. Started up there on Monday 8th Nov just helping out with the cleaning cos they have a conference up there. Was good to suss out where things were and what we will be doing. Pretty easy, just clean the bathrooms and the floors really. Got saweeeet uniforms too, ski overalls, soft shell (jumper thing) and a ski jacket so we can go riding in our work gears and then just go straight to work, awesome! Still need to suss out if they are going to give us the money back for our seasons pass and let us keep it after we finish working. Don't want to put too much on Tom yet though cos he's just given us the job even though we are leaving.

Met some people at work who all went to the America summer camps together and are now traveling together. They are mostly from Aussie and one from the UK. Went over there for some drinks last saturday which was neat. Good to get out and socialise a bit after being in Calgary for so long. Marsh came over after he finished work and we all went out to The Pub for some drinks and then onto Bulldogs, couple of local bars. Was a fun night out!

Had some fresh snow overnight down in the town, first of the season, YAY!

Got our first payslip from extra foods today and they charge us all these freakin fees, like union (which they said we wouldn't have to pay until our 3 month probation was up), and a few others. It added up to about $25 but which is like 3 hours work, so i'm going to complain when i go back in. I have the next 3 days off and we aren't needed up the hill so i'm going on a mission to look for another job i think. That's bullshit!

Blues still running real sweet, took him up the hill all week and no problems even when it's snowing, so stoked! 

Our flattie is sweet. Different from us but a nice lady that has way too much stuff. Anything you can think of she has it here, so good for us cos we don't have to buy any house stuff. She also loves shopping and just went to Calgary to get her car fixed and did our groceries for us ha, crazy aye! She went to Cost Co which a massive wholesale store and got us heaps more meat so we are pretty much stocked for the winter almost, stoked as. Food is super expendy to here, and the lady that owns extra foods is nasty so don't want to spend money there, so lucky we are all stoked with our dry foods and meat.

Tags: waiting waiting

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.