Existing Member?

Shells Travelling Adventures Snap shot of my life in Canada!

Road Trippin' - Vancouver to Revelstoke

CANADA | Thursday, 18 March 2010 | Views [516]

Driving from Whistler to Pemberton

Driving from Whistler to Pemberton

We left Vancouver on the 2nd March and headed to Squamich for the night. Got lost in the dark finding to camp ground. Got there and it was $30 but they had no toilets or showers grrrrrr! Lots of places here don't have showers and if they do they are often cold or you pay $1 for a few mintues. Nothing like Australian and New Zealand camp grounds. Went on to Whistler to next day for a few days of boarding and visiting Leigh. Went up to Pemberton for a drive which was just a small lake side town.

Left Whistler on the 6st March and got the ferry over to Vancouver Island. Drove over to Tafino which is known for its surf. Stayed there for two nights in the best camp ground. Our site was right on the beach and so pretty. It was freezing so decided not to go surfing ha. Drove north to Miracle Bay on the 8th, just for the night. Went out for dinner and then up Mt Washington for some night tubing. Went boarding up Mt Washington the next day which was the shittest weather. Was so windy and snowy but had to go up cos we were there. Left after 2 or 3 hours cos we didn't want to get stuck up there. Stayed a night in Nanaimo before catching the ferry back to Vancouver.

Picked up our last pay and left Vancouver as soon as we could. Stayed in a rest area in Hope that night (first night doing it tough - without power and heat brrrrrr).

Left Hope early on the morning of th 11th. It started snowing heaps while we had breakfast and by the time we got into town it was crazy heavy snow. Tried to get chains but the guys in the shop said it would be sweet cos we have snow tires so we started crusing over Allison Pass. It was a massive snow storm and we drove though it for about 3 hours sliding out up hill and shit. It was so scary but we made it sweet in the end, bloody stoked!

Stayed in Penticton that night and went up Apex Mt for some night skiing. Only the t-bar was open so was pretty average but all good. Meet up with a friend of Marsh's from school for a few drinks.

Went to Kelowna on the 12th and just chilled out. Parked up in a residential area to sleep the night and then hit up Big White the next morning. Got up at 630am to get a blue bird powder day! They had 18cm over night and it was their best day of the season so we were super lucky!! So stoked, had a awesome day.

Stayed in a wee place called Vernon that night and then went up Silver Star the next day. Was all good but couldn't compare to the day before at Big White.

Decided we would keep crusing around rather than heading to Revelstoke so went to Kamloops and ended up staying there for 3 nights cos of the weather up the mountain. Stayed a couple of nights in random places but stayed in a motel for one. Was cheap cheap on $55. Found Mt Harper but it was closed cos it was only a small club field. Just did admin, chilled out and went bowling. Went up Sun Peaks on the 17th. Was a big mountain, awesome wide trails, really liked it there.

Now in Salmon Arm for the night before going to Revelstoke tomorrow to try and find a job. Parking at Allan's, a uni friends for a few days there. So not looking forward to working again but it's got to happen.

Other than that the van is cranking along. Canada things : the light switches are turned on the opposite way to home (so push them up for on) and crossing the street is way harder than driving on the right hand side of the road.

Don't know why but it wouldn't let me post photos so will try in the morning and if it doesn't work I'll put them up on facebook

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.