Existing Member?

Shells Travelling Adventures Snap shot of my life in Canada!

Beautiful Vancouver

CANADA | Tuesday, 2 March 2010 | Views [370] | Comments [1]

Vancouver City

Vancouver City

The last couple of weeks has pretty much consisted of work everyday. It got heaps better cos we were supervisors and didn't have to clean as much plus we got to know the position and BC Place way better which made it easier. The people got better too cos the shit ones pretty much just didn't turn up. Got our first pay cheque the other day. We actually had to go and pick it up cos they don't do direct debit (WTF) here. Then have to wait 5 days for it to clear, lucky we don't need it that much. For 80 hours of work we made about $900, so I guess going to uni and getting quailified paid off after all haha.

One night at work the police were there checking out all the rubbish and our whole floor. They were there with dogs checking everything out, asking us where the rubbish came from and going etc. Not sure what it was about but was interesting.

Went to a mens ice hockey game which was Germany vs Finland. Finland won and ended up coming 3rd in the tournament so got bronze. Had a few drinks and went to the Ontario tent afterwards.

Haven't done any boarding at the city mountains cos there is no snow but will go up Grouse on Wednesday. Marsh got a new board so will give it a whirl! Picking up the van tomorrow and getting a new radio fitted. Heading up Grouse for some night skiing and will sleep in the carpark haha.

Went to Stanley Park a couple of weeks ago. It's so pretty in the city. You can see the mountains (although they have no snow) and your by the water, it's so neat. Went up Grouse Mountain for a looksee and there was NO snow in the carpark and you can't see the fields from that side of the mountain, so weird. Will see how it goes on Wednesday anyway.

Can't wait to get out of the city now though. It's a good feeling being unemployed again too. Will have a good reference from the people we have been working for too so that's saweeeeet!!

Heading to Vancouver Island for a few days and check out the surf and mountain over there. Then will head to Whislter to see Lethal again, YAY!!

Got it sorted so that we can swap our Australian licence for an Ontaio one without having to do a test or anything so we will get that once we get there. It's pretty far away so hopfully the can makes it there ha. Can drive for 90 days in each state on our NZ licence so it's all good. Will be interesting drivin tomorrow on the right side of the road when we pick up the van.

Went to Walmart today and the warehouse is so much the same aye. There's so many stores like that here and you can park you campervan and sleep in their carparks cos they want you to shop there the next day, funny aye.

Anyway need to go pack our stuff and get ready to leave the city tomorrow.

 

Comments

1

hey man, sleeping in the walmart carpark? thats awesome! bargain hunter. jealous much.

  caro Mar 2, 2010 4:23 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.