Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

Quebec City & Ile d'Orleans

CANADA | Wednesday, 25 May 2011 | Views [1612]

Chateau Frontenac, the most famous hotel in the city.

Chateau Frontenac, the most famous hotel in the city.

Ok, back in the middle of busy streets in Quebec City. Here I'm hosted by Valerie, a beautiful girl who works with a lot of young and funny people thanks to some exchanges between the Quebec University and other foreign countries. She lives in cool place not to far from Vieux Quebec (the old city). The most of things to see is really here: the old centre is surrounded by walls, the view over St. Lawrence river and Orleans Island is amazing. Vieux Quebec however is a very touristic place, really European in my opinion.

I am among french speaking people here and I like their Quebecois Pride. For all the time of my stay in the province of Quebec the french culture is strong, just think at the plate of Quebec vehicles with the "Je me souviens" inscription.

On May 25 I take a trip all around the Ile d'Orleans, cycling in the middle of countryside. It's awesome, the day is sunny and I feel so good. A 190 square kilometres island in the middle of a river.. Dimensions are not like at my home!

Photo album link: "QUEBEC CITY & ILE D'ORLEANS"

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.