Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

Via Rail: Toronto - Vancouver by train

CANADA | Wednesday, 29 June 2011 | Views [1416]

2nd sunrise, but still in Ontario.

2nd sunrise, but still in Ontario.

Saturday 25 June 2011, begin the 2nd part of my adventure.

I have dinner with Soo, a kind and nice girl from Toronto I met on Couchsurfing.

At 22:00 I leave with the train, destination Vancouver. The train is pretty comfortable, I have two seat for me and the crew seems funny. My memories goes to the recent adventures spent up to now and to what will wait for me on the other side. No more tourist, it's time to find a job and settle somewhere. Yeah.

I sleep in my seats and the day after I spend 8 bucks for a very important thing: unlimited coffee for all the trip, actually a good deal. Out of the window is really like Liz and Kt told me: lakes, trees and rocks ;-).

On Monday we arrive in Manitoba, meanwhile I start to meet some buddies on the train. The seesight of Manitoba and Saskatchewan means endless fields and prairies. We stop for some hours in Winnipeg, where I take a walk around the city.

On Tuesday it's time for Alberta. With Linsday, Geoff and some others guys time pass by, the trip is funny and extremely relaxing. I have already finished a book that Raja kindly left to me, a thriller titled "Sail". In these days I have time to think about what I am doing, what is happening to me. I feel so thrilled about my Canada journey!

Next stop is Edmonton, in Alberta. We don't cross Calgary that is situated more south, but I hope to visit it. In the afternoon finally arrive the Rockies, and everybody comes up to the glass cab to take photos and admire the mountains. We stop in Jasper for 30min, just the time to eat something quickly.

Later we cross the boundary with British Columbia and along the rail I can see a couple of bears The weather is getting worse so we can't enjoy completely the landscape that surrounds us. We are almost there, so it's time to party: music played on the laptop, kazoo and beer let the buddies and me having a good time.

In the morning the weather is rainy while the train runs down the Fraser Valley: we made it! An incredible 4 days trip across Canada yeah! Finally at 9:30 the train stops at the Vancouver Central Station. Time for greetings! Everybody among the friends I met is waiting for a new step in his life, and so I am.

Here starts a new chapter of my story..

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.