Existing Member?

Not only Canada A 10 months trip in North America & amazing walks in my Dolomites

The 1000 Islands

CANADA | Thursday, 19 May 2011 | Views [496]

1000 Islands boat trip.

1000 Islands boat trip.

From Prince Edward County I drive on the 1000 Island Pway along the Saint Lawrence river up to Brockville. I will sleep in the car for the first time! The landscape is magic, even if the weather is not that good. In Glenora I take a free ferry to leave the peninsula. I visit Kingston and after that I have another ferry (for free again)to go to Wolfe Island. I leave this island dotted with farms and cattle ranches to join Brockville. Here a funny thing happens, are you ready? Well.. After supper (as they call dinner here) I went to a pub to drink a beer and I started talking with some guys. At the end of the evening I was drunk of Jagermeister courtesy of one of the mates who told me "you're not goin to sleep in your car, you're goin to sleep on my couch!"

..well guys, I mean.. adventure! right?!

The day after I wake up (not so easily) and in the afternoon I take a boat in Rockport to visit the Thousand Islands. In one word I can say A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! One of the best places I have ever seen. A big bunch of green islands with beautiful houses built just few centimeters over the water level! The weather is sunny and my love for Canada grows.

Photo album link: "1000 ISLANDS"

Tags: 1000 islands

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.