Existing Member?

Michael's Small World

Thats Me!bourne...

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 18 July 2007 | Views [1454] | Comments [2]

G’day from Melbourne!!!

As you can gather I have made the shores of Australia. I have been in Melbourne since I arrived one cold Sunday last week. I have a month on this continent and so far I have been content to stay in this great city, even if it is colder and wetter than a global warming induced English Spring. I am based at a place called the Nunnery, off Fitzroy. This is where café culture is, with bohemian shops, and funky modern Bruces and Sheila’s in last seasons London fashions. The bars are plentiful and the gigs are frequent, but even so I am enjoying the charm and character that the hostel has to offer, combined with regular visits to the abundance of museums that this place has to offer. The city has even been graced by my karaoke skills, with a rendition of Spandau Ballet’s “Gold”. After the horror that was Tainted Love, in Rotorua NZD, I feel a better job was done. Tony Hadley is an underrated singer to be able to pull that song of without a trace of effort. I was out of breath by the end.

Further afield, I met up with Dominic and Jo, a couple that I traveled with on the Kiwi Bus in NZD mid last week and we did the Great Ocean Road, one of the most scenic drives in the world, along Australia’s south easterly corner in Victoria. From there we had a 3 day road trip in our rented Hyundai Hetrz. It was indeed a cool drive, highlighted by the reunited company and banter of the guys and also such scenery such as the 12 Apostles (of which 7 still stand). We took a helicopter flight and we got some great snaps. Of course, the real highlight was winning my first game of Monopoly- $8500 in cash, 4 railway stations, and a chain of Nine 4 Star hotels across London. Its just a shame my heiress daughter has just been to prison, and has a video of her having sex with a guy on the internet. You’ll be the death of this family, London Kristal Chan….

And how can I post a note about Melbourne Australia without mentioning my pilgrimage to the great Ramsey Street. The Holy trinity was achieved when I visited Ramsey Street (Pin oak crescent) and Neighbours night ft. Karl Kennedy, Janelle, Dylan and - get this- Bouncer the dog). I even had a Macdonalds in the town of Colac. Now please don’t envy my sad happiness at these series of events- really, it was nothing. Ironically, I feel it may mark the end of a chapter in my life. When I get back, I will be 6 months behind, and it will have moved channels to Channel 5. Plus, I really should be getting a job that gets me home after quarter past 5 in the evening. Y’know, start a career etc….heh, we’ll see about that. For now, admire the photos of my evening with the stars.

Spk soon,

Much Love,

Michael x

Tags: Laughter

Comments

1

Nice photo mate. You look the happiest person in the entire world in that photo with Carl Kennedy. I really hope you were drunk enough to refer to him as Dr Kennedy for the whole night.

You really aren't missing much in the old northern hemisphere. It's bloody raining again. In Ireland, it hasn't stopped raining for over 40 days now. It is getting biblical. I feel like building an arc and getting my arse over to Agia Napa, since the rest of Europe is sweltering in heatwaves. You will come back and the UK and Ireland will be underwater, and Germany will be on fire (there is an upside to some things).

Glastonbury was great craic, although incredibly muddy. We saw this one guy who must have taken about fifty E's, a yopsize bottle of acid, and a crisp bag full of coke (sorry, I am eating crisps and a yop)... for me, his antics were the highlight and CSS were good too.

Anyway, the blogs are great. Keep pitching them, and don't be homesick, It is really shit over here!

  Adam Lewis Jul 23, 2007 7:46 PM

2

hi... How did you do that? I mean, how could you put more than one picture in your storie?

  nortina Jul 27, 2007 12:55 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.