Existing Member?

Michael's Small World

Trisuli Centre – Final straight

NEPAL | Thursday, 24 May 2007 | Views [1363] | Comments [2]


Hey all, it’s been a quick few weeks and I now go into my final few days of my volunteer placement at the Trisuli centre. There would have been  few more blogs had it not been for the lack of net access, but its been a great time there. Since my last post not a great deal has happened since but its been a huge grower. I found myself completely at home after I got back from the trek and have been enjoying what the place has to offer. Everyone has been fantastic and the work I have been doing seems to be appreciated. Just last week I thought I would spice up my English lessons up with the Young Leaders by teaching them the merits of some simple football tactics and communication on the field. Y’know, to build communication, teamwork and to play better football. Ahem. And this is all true- the merits of 4-4-2 were discussed and a few commands were learnt (“Switch”, “Man on”, “Go wide”, “Line it”). I had a full house and they were hanging onto my every word, bless ‘em, the impressionable young lads. We had the second part o the lesson on the field, and after a couple of disastrous trial runs we beat the other village team last Saturday 4-2. Boo-yah!! Adam L, you would have been proud mate.

New volunteers have arrives, Matt and Charlene, a Canadian couple from Toronto. I think they were initially shat up by the intensity of the football here as the lads will literally play everyday if they could (on the day they arrived, I had taken two separate groups to the sports centre 4 km away). They seem to be settling in alright now though, which is good.

 

Oh, and it was my birthday yesterday, so I spent 24 hours in Kathmandu to treat myself with a Steak dinner, Beer, and the Champions League Final. Yeah…the wounds are still a bit raw on that one. Still, it was an experience to be in a jam packed Irish Pub (By proxy of selling Imported Guinness at 3 pounds a can!!) in KTM at 1am. Everyone seemed to be a Liverpool fan, apart from those leary Italians and fair-weather Nepalis. On my way back now to have my final few days before it all ends on Monday. A few days in Nepal before Mumbai, out to New Zealand. Oh, and for the first time in my life I felt sort of old. I know I'm not hugely, but couldn't help but feel that I am not as old as my 24 years might suggest.


M x

Tags: People

Comments

1

The International language of football

  Adam Lewis Jun 14, 2007 8:08 PM

2

hi .micheal

why are you being far from us?can i have your email address.or facebook id..miss you so much..

  bhuvan shrestha Aug 11, 2011 9:32 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.