Existing Member?

The adventures of the Mel

End of the road

SINGAPORE | Monday, 15 January 2007 | Views [694]

Well, well, well. It's all drawn to an end. We've just got over an hour to go till our flight leaves, and then, seven and a half hours later, we will be home.  Hooray! I must admit I'm looking forward to having clean clothes and sleeping in my own bed.

Now, at the request of my mother, I am required to clear the record for all those who were slightly worried/confused at my jest. I have never, nor will I ever, take(n) drugs. Not even the temptation of a death sentence, despite the concerns of my parents, will lure me over to the dark side of brain cell death. So apologies to those who may have taken me literally.

Anyway, back in the real world, we had a tiring but good day today. We did a quick sweep of Orchard Rd again, and then turned our tails towards Chinatown. It was pretty damn cool. Lots of little stalls with ultra cool and very cheap wares. Choice.

We wandered around for a couple of hours then headed on back to the road that is Orchard. We discovered the BEST ever (not just a Chelsea exaggeration) banana cake in the world, only a dollar per slice. Shame to see that puppy go.

To kill a bit of time we went to see Blood Diamond, which although gruesome and macabre, was quite a powerful movie. And killed over two hours. Winner.

Some more quick shopping, then back to the hostel to pick up our big bags and transfer across to the airport. So here we are. Only half an hour to kill. Not nearly as fun as killing time using two miniature bananas to imitate movie scenes when bored at Sukau Lodge. We are hilarious, trust us (I won, by the way).

I did have another Chelsea moment to report, but as I only have about 3 minutes left on the countdown clock here at Changi, it might have to wait for another time. Sorry to disappoint you loyal fans, but I'm sure that Chelsea will provide us with any more laughs at another time. Hopefully completely at her expense too.

Well, by the time you read this, chances are I'll be back, so I'll see you all soon!

Love and hugs and kisses!

Signing off (for this trip),

Mel.

Tags: Shopping

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.