Existing Member?

The adventures of the Mel

Hungover in Bologna

ITALY | Friday, 5 September 2008 | Views [693]

Well, I am bloody tired still. After our adventures in Venice we could not wait to get back into bed. So bloody well worth it though! Anyway, after saying a nearly teary goodbye to Sara and others, we boarded a regional train to Bologna. We couldn’t believe how much cheaper the regional trains are! Hell, if I’d known this I would have been taking more regional trains. Ah well, not to worry.

We arrived in Bologna, both feeling VERY sorry for ourselves. We felt so sorry for ourselves that we ate at MacDonalds because that is all we could find and we needed to eat right there, right then (now). We then started the apparent 3km walk to our hotel which looked like only 2km on the map. Well, it was at LEAST 3km and we were killing by the time we got in. We only had the afternoon to wander around because today we’re off to see the olds and the Snuffmeister in Roma. However, we needed a rest. So rest we did, but not before having the shower of a lifetime. I burst into the bathroom for the squeals Chelsea was emitting – “Oh my God! Come here! Come here!” The shower had a light in the showerhead which changed freaking colour. Name a colour of the rainbow and it did it. It even had settings where it moved through all the colours, or even mixed them up to form ‘fire’ (yellow, orange and red) or ‘ice’ (purple, green and white). JUST AWESOME.

And unfortunately that really was the highlight of the town for us. Not that Bologna isn’t a nice city, but we were so bloody hungover that we couldn’t get into walking around. We walked in and looked around the main square, grabbed something to eat and walked back. One notable was the statue of Neptune – complete with women spraying water out their marble nipples. You go girls. It was a little crazy. Chels will probably remember the town for the amazing cheap shopping, the stores lining the main street and enticing her in to try on different items of clothing. Normally this is a fine thing, but I was far too hungover to be bothered and just wanted to sit down.

But, after only an hour or two in town, we headed back out to our hotel, had a bit to eat and passed out. I did have a bloody great sleep, though I woke up scratching in the middle of the night and I think that despite the nice beds and great atmosphere, I was bitten by bed bugs in Venice. Grrr….at least I haven’t swollen up like Andrew (yet). But, we’re on the train to Roma! Yay! Looking forward to seeing my Snuffy, and my parents I guess…..

Mwah!!

Bologna photos

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.