Existing Member?

The adventures of the Mel

A night in QC

CANADA | Saturday, 2 February 2008 | Views [906] | Comments [6]

Okay, so the bulk of the post will be about the night I've just had, as there really is not to much to report on during the day.

At about 2pm we went on a guided tour of the hotel Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. Who is we you ask? Take a breath: Natalya (from Brazil), Josie (Germany), Rosemary (Melbourne), Clint (Perth) and Tim (Brisbane). I know, it's embarrassing how many Australians are here.

So we went on this tour, which was mostly unexciting but took us through an interestingly designed hotel. And so far out of my league it's not funny (cheapest room at about $500). The lady taking the tour was a little, uh, eccentric. She played the role of a chambermaid, and made me look completely sane. And, for once in my life, I'm not exaggerating. She really made me look normal. She was freaky. Sure, she was playing the role, but she's gotta be single!

Anyway, afterwards we decided that we would go ice-skating. That sounds like a great idea, you say. Did I mention that there was a mini-blizzard outside, so much so that the opening night of the Quebec City winter festival had been cancelled? Guess not. So off we walked, for about 45 minutes to the place where we could ice-skate. We laughed in the face of gales, mwah ah ah ah. And, rightfully, the gale just blew back. Prick.

We ice-skated though. In your face gale!!! (Yes, I am drunk). We did it for about 20 - 30 minutes, and, believe it or not, I was not the worst one there. Clint had NO idea either, so we shuffled along. I didn't fall over once (fricking close to though) and he fell over a few times. Bahahahhaa. It was awesome. Even after I lost all feeling in my extremeties, it was SO worth it.

So we got really fricking cold and we left to go back home. We went to the bar downstairs and played some pool. And OMJ, OMJ. I kicked ASS!! I told Clint and Tim that I couldn't play to save myself, then I potted 4 balls (and 2 of them were the most AWESOME shots that had the boys' jaws open). They almost thought that I'd lied to them. I am completely awesome.

We then went out to dinner nearby and.....I had a pint and a half of beer.

DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I am awesome. I know. And it gets better..........

I liked it.

DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

So then, we went to a bar and proceeded to drink the night away. In a nutshell: Drank for a while, talked to some Canadians (one who was quite cute and told me that my French accent was good - SCORE), went down to see a band who were kinda folksy but really good, stayed to watch band with Clint whilst the other guys headed to a nightclub (yech), drank until we were kicked out at 3:30am with Clint, including MORE BEER (about 2 pints) and a shot called Perjury which has Maple Liqour (sickingly sweet, even for me), Gin and a dash of cream. Raced home and had completely awesome snow fights with Clint, and then Tim and Caesar (from Brazil). Yes, I have snow EVERYWHERE and my hands were numb for ages but it was SO worth it.

So in conclusion I am now about to go to bed, but I'm a little afraid the room might spin. So, if none of this makes sense, blame

a) Beer

b) Maple Liquor

c) My parents

d) Your inability to understand anything I say.

(I prefer option c or d)

No. There are no other options. Please stop talking.

So, in conclusion, I'm in Quebec City and you're not. Don't forget to try the veal.

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Your're drunk I think you need to go to bed. Sleep well.

  Mum Feb 3, 2008 12:14 AM

2

I understand if the room is spinning, one sleeps with one leg out of bed and a foot on the ground. If one is very drunk one has to be careful to shut the bedroom door first and not sleep all night exposed to passers by!

  Gladys Feb 3, 2008 3:27 PM

3

I don't know who to laugh at more - you or Glad.

God the women in our family ROCK

  Sally Feb 3, 2008 6:19 PM

4

stupid drunk, how could you be so careless. hehe. & i don't think i've ever heard you use the word awesome so many times in one entry/email/sentence. the beer must have killed your brain cells much quicker than you anticipated. you sounded like me, pleb. oh by the way, i would say sorry (again) for waking you up the other night, but i find it extremelly difficult to sympathise with you having way too much fun overseas & falling a tad behind in your slave labour of writing a chapter like once every 6 million years. whatever trevor, you suck, but i am sorry. damn, i wasn't going to say that again. vodka made me stupid(er) too. wah!

  Chels Feb 3, 2008 7:57 PM

5

Yeah, but the hangover the next day......I knew there was a reason I didn't drink beer. *hangs head in shame*.
Thanks for the tip Glad, thankfully I had a private room so I didn't have to worry about it!
I concur Sally!
And, Chels, I believe awesome is only said 4 times in there. I could do a way more awesome post than that!

  mel_mel Feb 5, 2008 10:18 AM

6

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND DRINK BEER WITH A BUNCH OF PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW AND E-N-J-O-Y!!!! IT AND I WASN'T THERE. YOU ARE F**CKING DISOWNED BEE-AATCH! DIS OWNED. (2 best words in the english language...)

  Anna Feb 5, 2008 8:11 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.