Existing Member?

The adventures of the Mel

Nakiska

CANADA | Monday, 21 January 2008 | Views [510] | Comments [3]

Hello my little readers,

No longer am I a prisoner, except for the part where I'm almost confined to Andrew's room, hiding as an illegal immigrant to avoid the steely wrath of the owner of the dormitories where Andrew is now staying. In case I forgot, there is a bolded sheet firmly stating NO GUESTS - NO EXCEPTIONS to remind me of my status.

Meh......

It's not so isolated, but they party a little harder here, chorusing an unknown tune (be it their lack of or my ignorance) at some ridiculous time this morning. The set up is a bit better - fewer people using a kitchen, and a shared bathroom between two people The shower is completely awesome - I can adjust the temperature and the pressure is amazing. Sure as hell beats squatting on the bottom of a festy prison shower so that it doesn't burn the crap out of you!

Snuffy and I had to clean out the jail after leaving, and my oh my. I wouldn't normally call myself a clean freak, but wow. My favourite part was throwing out the milk that had been there for FAR too long - the best one was.......wait for it........are you ready.......???

Use by: 08 February, 2001.

That was awesome.

I'm currently sitting in a cafe, looking up flights and the like and attempting to figure out exactly what I will be doing over the next month or so before I meet Cam and Sarah in Vancouver. Thinking of heading to Banff in the next few days, but I'll see I guess.

Nothing much else to report - the scenery is still fantastic, I'm still not at work....life is great!

XX

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Was the milk green & lumpy? Or, did it talk to you & put up a fight when you tried to kill it?

  Chelsea Jan 22, 2008 11:18 AM

2

Was there actually anything resembling milk left?

Hate to think of the smell

  Sally Jan 22, 2008 12:54 PM

3

Lumpy yes, green no. Can you believe it? 7 years old and not green.
I also was not stupid enough to open the thing. I wanted to, it was like I was Peter Griffin staring at the DO NOT OPEN on the aeroplane door......

  mel_mel Jan 24, 2008 8:07 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.