Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

manicures, kitchenware and bubble tea

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 30 September 2012 | Views [180] | Comments [2]

My Saturday was filled with a number of little goings on. It started with a delightful lunch with some lovely people at Daughters and then some pampering, with a manicure for me and a pedicure for Nathalie. If you can't spoil yourself on weekends then that is a very sad state of affairs.

However as we were consuming our lunch the heavens poured down on the roads of Phnom Penh, making a rather soggy journey to my next destination - to find a friend’s house amongst the giant puddles covering the streets to collect some hand-me-down kitchenware on behalf of another friend. Being too cheap and enjoying my independence far too much to hire a tuktuk I had brought along my giant travelling backpack to load up all the goodies I would find.

Once all loaded up (and probably destroying my manicure in the process) I saddled my little moto and began the journey home. The problem was I had to change my course a number of times due to serve traffic and teems of water. It certainly wasn't your ideal driving conditions out there. Gotta love the monsoon.

Because I was well off route to my home I decided to pop past my favourite bubble tea place. Of course I had to explain to the sweet manager the giant backpack on my back in my poor Khmer, but she was delighted as always in my attempts to speak the language. I basically told her, as well as the other staff, that my friend was going back to Canada and he has plates - haha really do need to work on my terrible language skills.

Once safely home, with a stop at the petrol station for yet another explanation of my huge bag get up, and the ability to dry off I sipped at my green tea delight and just enjoyed the remainder of my Saturday. 

Tags: adventures, challenges, pampering

Comments

1

Quality update - bubble tea is awesome! Also, what does a "team" of water look like?...

P.S. you spelled favorite wrong. :)

  josh Oct 4, 2012 2:07 PM

2

Haha - alas I spelt it wrong - teems of water, an abundant amount or to swarm....anyway it works.
However favourite was totally spelt correctly....long life the Queen's English

  me Oct 6, 2012 3:45 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.