Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Let them eat.....cake?

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 29 September 2012 | Views [165]

I think the month of September has been filled with lots of feasting on sweets, and it's not even the food season of the year yet! All thoughts of dieting are thrown to the wind, as delicious sweets are set before you for countless different occasions. Certainly not doing it too tough in Cambodia.

First there was a huge selection of taste delectable for a baby shower for two lovely expecting mummies. There is a gorgeous shop in PP, called Bloom, that did a stunning hot air balloon cake and some cute cupcakes as well as assisting to ice the baby feet sugar cookies I made. Here are some photos, taken by my talented housemate Kira, of the tempting delights.

Then want mid autumn would be complete without moon cakes. As we gear up for The Moon Festival (aptly named Chinese Thanksgiving by one of my friends) my small group was delighted by these flavoured cakes.

Plus my speculaas is quickly becoming my signature dish here. It is a family recipe that I have been playing around with and tweaking to become more like a spiced brownie than than a slice. I can quickly whip one of these babies now and it is always met with numerous hmms and yums.

Love baking and sharing food with others….however I may need to start pacing myself with such indulgences.

 

Tags: celebrate, friends, yum

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.