Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

A Hong Kong Holiday

HONG KONG | Thursday, 14 June 2012 | Views [163]

Hong Kong: a bustling city filled with so many people! Over 7 million people live here, making HK one of the most densely populated areas of the world! Seriously, you walk around the city and, not having learnt the steps of getting around, I felt like I was on my moto back in Phnom Penh having to zig and zag through to people trying to get to my destination. I was told people walk fast in HK, but I think I must have gotten stuck behind all the slow paced people on my first day of exploring the CBD.

It is a place where if it is necessary to look above street level to find what you are searching for. Where supermarkets have a lift so you can find all you need. Things are tall and narrow in this country, space is so precious and rare that they have learnt to well utitlise all that they have.

I enjoyed my week visiting here. Quite a contrast to Phnom Penh, that’s for sure. It was wonderful getting to catch up with many old friends and to meet new ones, enjoy some luxuries and foods that I miss from home and just have a chance to escape Cambodia for a bit and relax. I even ventured to the Apple Store in the city (along with a few hundred other people it seemed) and purchased myself a new MacBook Pro. 

Will certainly visit again and now that I can observed how many things work in the city I am sure I will even more adventurous next time. Not sure it would be the place I would ever want to live, but a holiday is definitely going to happen again.

Tags: friends, holidays, rest

 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.