Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Breath of life

CAMBODIA | Friday, 10 February 2012 | Views [146]

It’s truly special when you read something in the Bible and it just hits you in a fresh new way. Wish I allowed my heart and mind to be more open for these awesome occurrences. How often do I miss a new revelation because I get caught up with the mess of everyday life and the small distractions around me?

The other day while floating through Genesis 1 I was vastly amazed at the difference between how God created man and how he created everything else. All the other days of creation God spoke and it came into being. However, when He got down to making man God knelt down, grabbed some dirt and started moulding him all together. God took extra time on this project – just showing how special we are – but He didn’t stop there. Instead of just speaking this creation into life He breathed into it, getting up close and personal to the nostrils and pouring His breath into man. It’s amazingly intimate, no doubt about it.

Then I got thinking about it further, God not only gave us breath but he gave us the ability to communicate, like He can. God, who can say words and things come into being, gave us words! He spoke into creation and we also can speak words that can bring life into the areas He has placed us. Wow!

I really want to place higher value on how I communicate with others but especially how I communicate with God. Just like the consistency of my breathing I want to be deep in conversation with Him throughout my day. There is a reason why God used a different method in bringing life into man. I seriously feel challenged in my closeness to my Heavenly Father and what I am doing with His gift of life to speak into this world for His glory.

Tags: god is good

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.