Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Adventures of the rattan kind

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 6 September 2011 | Views [116]

So today, with the assistance of the lovely Angie, I paid a visit to Rattan Street to pick out furniture to outfit my new room. It is amazing how in Cambodia you can find a string of the same shop all located side by side, so if they’re not going to give you a good deal at one place you can just go and find the “same same but different” item next door.

 

After much deciding while surveying the large array of rattan wares I picked out a cupboard, bed frame, some selves and a basket. We placed the small things in the car and arranged for the delivery of the larger items.

 

Here is a picture of the delivery moto.

 

 

Then there was the arduous task of getting these things up to my room. Now my Khmer is improving but I’m not that good. So I helped the delivery guy to unload the cupboard and then tried to explain that the best way to get it to the room is through the window. In the end I just had to direct him to my room and show him how to remove the windows so this gruelling mission could be accomplished.

 

The bed frame was a bit more bulky and well I found that I am not that useful at this moving heavy furniture via rope stuff. The delivery guy was trying to communicate to me that he would need assistance, and thankfully Chantii (our cleaner) walked through the door at the right moment and went and found a moto driver to help.

 

 

So now I am unpacked. I may go back and get a set of drawers in the future, but for now I am no happy with what I have. My stuff is out of suitcases and happily put away...how great is that?

 

Tags: im here as the entertainment, moving

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.