Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Hair, hair, hair!

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 23 July 2011 | Views [175]

Going to a wedding is a great excuse to go the extra mile in getting dressed up and making yourself look more beautiful than normal. I had organised with a friend to visit one of the many hair salons to get ourselves styled up.

First point of business was to flick through a magazine and pick the do we wanted. There were numerous Khmer styles to choose from. Once we had made our selection the ladies got to work. I had two ladies working on me armed with curling irons. More and more girls appeared ready to lend a hand, bring a power board so the crimper could used (I know a crimper – the picture in the magazine didn’t looked crimped) or just to look on. Oceans of hair spray and pins were dugged into my masses of hair to keep everything in place. The process took nearly 2 hours, but with it only costing $5 it was money well spent.

After the wedding the first point of call was to wash it all out. So I had the longest shower ever aiming to shampoo my hair and to remove the 42 bobby pins that were lodged in it. After a brutal brushing my hair it want back to it’s flat, unteased self.

Was thoroughly an enjoyable experience, to do something very different, and I am sure I will do it again.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.