Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Something to say

CAMBODIA | Monday, 16 May 2011 | Views [258] | Comments [1]

I love it when you are just doing whatever and something around you happens which triggers the lyrics of a song to pop into your head, and in that moment, in that one moment deep and new meaning echoes from that song as it connects to your heart.

Living in Cambodia is not easy. You see daily hardships that just break your heart, you are dying to try and fit in but know that's not going to be easy. Plus your head can plagues you with negative thinking and discouragement in the mist of your struggles, doubts, loneliness and general fatigue. It’s hard to try and stay strong when you are feeling so weak.

I take heart in the fact that even great heroes from the Bible had their “something to say” moments. King David is a great example. Now he knew how to come before the Lord and just shout out all his doubts, fears and loneliness - just flick through Psalms and it is filled with honesty and emotionly filled prayers. The thing is David didn’t let these times of darkness take control of him – yes he was completely honest before the Lord but then he reflected and could turn his sorrow to praise. The pain and the hardship were still there but he knew he could hand the load over to God. He wasn’t doing it alone.

This is a beautiful, raw song by Starfield with so much depth. There are those times when you are so heavy laden, when you are wondering “where is God in this?”, when you have no energy to come before Him and you are drowning in doubts and fears. It’s when you feel so and completely alone.

However, I just love the way the song turns this painful prayer into a prayer full of faith….just read this…

And faith might mean there won't be answers
And hope might mean enduring through the night
But help me not forget in darkness
The things that I believed in light

Life with God can be hard but life without Him is even harder. It’s holding on to the truth so tight, with both hands, not letting it slip out of your grasp, believing that God knows what He is doing. We can have our “Something to say” moments with God, He wants to share our pain with us. He sees our tears, knows our fears and doubts and still whispers, “Trust me, I’ve got you”.

Comments

1

Beautiful thoughts Meagan! Thank you for keeping it real...King David of old would be proud. :)

  Angie Prosser May 18, 2011 11:22 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.