Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Welcome to Plan B

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 8 December 2010 | Views [185] | Comments [2]

Blue are flood areas and red are areas declared disaster areas. Plan A gone.

Blue are flood areas and red are areas declared disaster areas. Plan A gone.

The joys of having to change to Plan B. There is so much rain happening here that areas of inland NSW are currently underwater - areas I was planning on travelling through to get to Brisbane this weekend! Then there is the plauge of locust I'ld have to drive throught as well. Plan A is just not looking that great right now. My trip up to Brisbane, before arriving in Cambodia, is going to be an adventure and a half.

So I have turned to Plan B. An amazing friend of mine is going to travel up with me as we battle flood waters and locust swarms along the coastal route rather than heading inland. I'll drop her off at the airport on the Gold Coast so she can fly back to Melbourne (just an hour before my next destination, Brisbane). It will be great to travel with someone and far less boring.

Am starting to wonder if I it would be better to travel to Brisbane by boat (or an aquabus). Is this a way of testing how flexible I am when the going gets tough? I'm sure I'll have a few tales to tell afterwards. The great thing about Plan B is I get to go to the Big Banana and spend 2 extra days with my friend. See...I can find a silver lining!

Comments

1

How wonderful that you got to see the beautiful Australian coastline before you went to Cambodia (almost typed Canberra there! haha). How much longer did you take in the end?

  Mary Dec 16, 2010 1:03 PM

2

Because I had Kara with me - we drove about 14 hours the first day and 10 the next. The trip would usually take about 21 hours. I'm so thankful she came with me cause I hurt my shoulder the night before we left. All happy and safe in Brisbane.

  me Dec 16, 2010 1:13 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.