Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Nothing a Bit of Snoopy Can’t Fix

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 18 May 2013 | Views [151] | Comments [1]

Sometimes life can get you down. It throws you up like a wave and topples you over with fears, doubts and anxieties. If only life could be less stormy and more smooth sailing.

When I need a smile I often look for a Peanuts comic that encapsulates a thought or feeling in an entertaining light. This recent find really spoke to me.

 

I envy those who can look on the sea of life with eyes filled with hope rather than dread. They glance over all that is before them and they don’t see despair, rather they anticipate great things and with that hope great things seem to come.

Isn’t that how we as Christians should live? Shouldn’t we be looking forward with joy and excitement rather than allowing thoughts, people and circumstances to tear us down? Our purpose is bigger than the storms! Our hope is greater than the danger, hurts and fears! We have a grace that covers us, a love that surrounds us and a Saviour who is even now preparing a place for us!

Maybe my desire is to run around a bit more like Snoopy, with my head in the air and not a care in the world, just enjoying the life that has been given to me.

Comments

1

I'm living like that atm! Fun! Hope you can dance in the rain, skip down the street, dance to the music and enjoy life too! Xoxo

  Benita May 19, 2013 1:47 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.