Existing Member?

Martin's Travel Journal Just a few photos and ramblings from my trips.

Phuket

THAILAND | Monday, 4 April 2011 | Views [396]

After my flight from Jakarta was delayed I arrived in Phuket late, so decided to just relax on my first night in Thailand. After wandering the streets trying to find something to eat (Phuket is a ghost town on a Sunday night) I then returned to the hostel bar and watched Sunderland get thrashed - always a bonus - and then went to bed.

The next day I was due to move on to Koh Phi Phi around 1pm, so decided to get up early and have a look around Phuket Town. It's a small town and I was able to walk around easily, taking in the early morning market, catching the end of a ceremony at one of the town's Buddhist temples. I, for some time, attempted to find the Shrine of Serene Light and eventually did. It would be a wonderful place except for the building works that were going on. A real shame. I strolled around for an hour or so before heading back to the hostel for my shuttle bus to the port.

About martin_rix


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.