Existing Member?

Passing through... We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves--Pico Iyer---Passing through from Europe to Africa to Asia to Oceania etc.& back again! 9 mos. of dreaming and exploring!

Different writing plans...

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 2 February 2013 | Views [312]

So, obviously, I have lots of thoughts/ideas/opinions about all of the places we have been: the Gold Coast, Central Coast, Byron Bay, The Outback, Adelaide, Port Lincoln. In addition, there will be lots of blogging to add with the coastal drive, the Adelaide festivals, Melbourne, and my overall feelings about Australia. I am working on all of these and they will show up on the blog a little bit differently…….

I should explain why they will show up differently. Back when we were [sort of] job hunting in December, I sent my CV for a blogging/writing position with a popular online job site in Australia. I eventually sent them some material and I got the job. The job essentially involves me blogging about my experiences in Australia, full of stories and helpful facts for fellow travelers--- so pretty much the same things I have been blogging about on this trip so far! The difference is that I get paid for a weekly article and pictures. The only downfall is that I cannot put the exact same blog article that gets published on the site into my own blog. Some rules with publishing I guess…..

Therefore, as the posts get added on a weekly basis (starting in the next few weeks) I will just post a link on my blog to the site where the blog/article is published and everyone can read it from there. This might get a bit confusing next month when we are no longer in Australia……

So please don’t get confused--- we are in India at the end of February and then exploring the rest of southeast Asia in April and beyond. Weekly blog links will still pop up on the blog, just outlining in more detail about our time in Australia—but we will no longer be there!! Kinda cool to get paid to write about our travels even when I am no longer travelling there!!!

Don’t worry, I will explain each blog link as I post it….

And, in case this whole writing thing falls through, I have lots and lots of Oz material to post directly on here!!

Either way, I will know within a week about how this is going to progress and more details as we go along with it. I promise they will be full of stories and information and the fact that I have to put more effort into each blog will make it better quality than some previous scribbles where I was rushing to write :)

Tags: rudimental feat. john newman and alex clare- not

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.