Existing Member?

Passing through... We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves--Pico Iyer---Passing through from Europe to Africa to Asia to Oceania etc.& back again! 9 mos. of dreaming and exploring!

Australian update

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 1 February 2013 | Views [179]

 

I realize I have really been slacking with this blog situation. Part of it is internet connection, but a bigger part of it is finding the time! I thought I was going to find lots of time in the Outback, but, surprisingly, planning for other legs of the trip, reading, and working seemed to take up all of my time! So I realize I better get back into it….

I realize we left off with us leaving to the great Outback !! A lot has happened since then but let me start off by recapping things a little bit…

So, when it comes to Australia, I am going to be doing things a little bit differently. So far our adventures have started us off in Sydney and brought us up the coast to the Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise. From there we flew out of Brisbane to Innamincka, South Australia where we spent a month working at a hotel in the middle of nowhere.  Having enough after a month there, we flew down to Adelaide for a few days, and decided to check out the Barossa Valley for its famous wine! We found an amazing deal on a one-way car rental from Adelaide for $9/day (YES $9/day!!). We would use this rental to take us to Port Lincoln, South Australia to go shark cage diving and from there to bring us to Melbourne via Adelaide. Along the way we learned that Adelaide at this time of year is a great place to be because of all the festivals happening there, and many Australians flocks there. So we decided to give Adelaide a few more days on our itinerary and then head to Melbourne via the Great Ocean Road- apparently one of the most beautiful coastal drives in the world. We would check out Melbourne for a few days (It is supposed to be like the Montreal of the Southern Hemisphere so I am incredibly excited to experience it!). From Melbourne, we pop back up to Sydney, stay another week, gather our Indian visas, and off to India we go!!!

Tags: ellie goulding- explosions

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.