Existing Member?

Passing through... We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves--Pico Iyer---Passing through from Europe to Africa to Asia to Oceania etc.& back again! 9 mos. of dreaming and exploring!

Australia....Quick Intro

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 23 December 2012 | Views [158] | Comments [1]

 

Landed in Sydney Dec 20thin the AM. Our Air Asia flight was direct from KL to Sydney 8.5 hours, $288/person. LOVE Air Asia! My aunt & uncle picked us up from the airport & we headed to my cousins place, she lives in Bronte. We are housesitting at my cousins friends place in Bondi beach until Jan.6th. It's an amazing location, steps from the beach. We took the coastal walk from Bronte to Bondi to get there. WOW! Jagged cliffs next to pristine beaches with such a hippie, laid back feel.....

 

First impressions of Oz (3 days in):

 Urban, hippie, beach feel- a mix of Miami hip, Toronto city life, laid back Barcelona style. People from everywhere, beachy coves on each turn, beautiful harbor inlets that cut through to the ocean, warm & welcoming. An incredible mix of perks!! Swim & surf next to great eats just a bike ride or car ride from work

I think its quite the positive first impression!

The weather is beautiful too. I realize it is summer here but Sydney has perfect summer weather—hot enough to be comfortable but a nice breeze always seems to run through the city ‘the southerly’ as the ozzies call it.

Had a quick meet and greet with the family we would be house sitting for. They are cool and have been to Bali about 20 times. Cool! Their eldest daughter is also the best female skateboarder in Australia (12 years old!) and she’s a great up and coming artist! Very cool.

After day 1 I feel good about our stay here…..lets see how this goes….

 

 Hello Sydney!!! Australia. What a place. I feel good here. More in tune with the outdoors. 

Tags: bella ferraro- x factor audition 2012- skinny lov

 

Comments

1

Look her up: Poppy Olsen!! (skate boarder)

  magdalena Jan 4, 2013 7:28 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.