Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Galapagos - still awesome!

ECUADOR | Friday, 13 June 2008 | Views [813]

Despite the shitty visibility of the water, I'm having lots of fun. Yesterday on Isabela Island, I climbed Volcan Cerra Negra (Black Hill Volcano?), the worlds 2nd largest volcano crater, and the oldest active volcano. Also walked over the crater/lava area of Volcan Chico (Little Volcano), there were rocks of lots of different colours; red (oxidised iron), yellow (sulfer), white (magnesium), blue (colbol)... Later in the afternoon did a brief tour of the bay, snorkelled with penguins and sea lions. They don't care about me at all, as they dash about catching fish. They're soooooooooo cute.

Today, early boat ride back from Isabela, and then went to Tortuga Bay, there I snorkelled too, but didn't find anything amazing, lots of little fish and box fish. There was one bit when I was swimming over deep water (5 to 6m) and there was suddenly a huge puff of sand, as if disturbed by something resting on the bottom of the bay. It must've been a big one too. Didn't see what it was though because of the shitty visibility.

This avo I go on a boat! yay! Can't wait for it. 3 days of someone else telling me what to do, when to do it, and how. Time to turn my brain off (except I need it to update my CV so I can find a job!)

 

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.