Existing Member?

trust, love, and the unknown Ongoing with no expected outcome!

Chapt 7 - The best day EVER, part 1

USA | Wednesday, 22 October 2008 | Views [202]

The Best Day Part 1

You know when you find those people once again in this life time and you know that you have shared something special before....well there are a few of those people in my life and I have now found 3 more long lost friends:)

My favorite day in Thailand, and perhaps makes the top 5 days of all times list, actually started the night before having a dinner out with a group of Americans. It is hard to describe the dynamics of the group and all those who contributed but in general it was an evening of hard laughing and understanding with out any need for words. We all decided to have a day of fun and adventure the next day....we were going to ride the rapids ...I was excited to have a positive relaxing fun time at the river area for adults:)

That evening after dinner I sat and did Meditation with Didi and learned more about Ananda Marga and had an initiation. We saw a beautiful sight of floating lanterns soaring into the sky. It looked like ambers from a campfire and the reflections onto the water was dazzeling. I knew after that evening that my world was opening up to more love and magic and peace and spirit and joy and healing.

The next day 8 of us headed off on motorbikes to the river, rented intertubes and hiked up trails and rode down the river. It was so beautiful, the trees, the water, the thai's, the sun, the sky and everybody i was with. we held bamboo sticks linked to eachother, sang songs, floated in moments of silence and peace, got exicted when the water got rough, we shared lives and stories and beliefs, laughed and laughed and laughed, finished each others sentences, held space for sharing and healing and we all felt blessed by the wonders around us and eachother.

After a delicious lunch of papaya sald and sticky rice we decided to hop back on the motorbikes and ride to the waterfall. Just a little side note, Sangkhlaburi has really only a handful of sights to see; the waterfall, three pogosa pass, the underwater temple, and the longest wooden bridge in the world to the mon island, and the Mon temple. All which I wanted to make sure I did before I leave. I have done the bridge and the underwater temple so far. OK off to the waterfall where we rode into beutiful valleys of rubber tree farms, cows and goats, limestone mountain sides, winding roads, and lush green trees and mountains all around. It was out of a dream. We get to the water fall area and find our selves wandering around a bamboo forest with winding branches green blue lagoon waters, snakes, moisture, ants, frogs and everybody singing a song about happiness. We play in the water, enjoy the ancient feeling of the jungle, wonder if the signs in thai are warning us about something, find the not so impressive water falls, continue to share and laugh, and aimlessly wander our way back to the motorbikes where we decide to make our way to the pass and the bhurma boarder. I forgot to mention that our sweet saint sara had to part (who I now call my apple pie) with us after the river to go teach an art class...i rode as a third on the back of Zek and Rubi's bike to continue with the Thailand no fear theme....but not to worry apple pie joins us again for dinner and into the night:)

Part 2 coming soon!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.