Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Flying Dolphins in Yallingup

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 27 February 2007 | Views [767]

Due north of Margaret River, just south of Cape Naturaliste.  Steep bush-clad hills give way to steep sloping cliffs and picture perfect beaches with golden sand dropping off into protected reef marine parks.  The surf today was huge, double overhead sets rolling through, off the point at Supertubes, and the longest lefts I've seen- longer than Pavones in Costa Rica, ripped down the coastline- only 3 Japanese guys out, who by the way, ripped it up.  Those of us on the beach were entertained, not just by watching epic sets roll through, but the group of 5-6 large bottlenosed dolphins literally flying off the waves... They'd take off on the big set waves, and get their momentum, and come flying out through the air, wave after wave, after wave.  They'd get close into shore, which was a sharp drop-off, so still pretty deep, and shoot straight up in the air, flip around and head back out for some more waves.  It was an exhilarating sight to see.  And if reincarnation truly exists, I'd like to come back into this world as a bottlenosed dolphin.  Although those believing in reincarnation would shudder at such an idea, as reverting from human to animal means I've probably done something bad in my lifetime, I think I could become enlightened from the dolphin-state.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.