Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Life on the Farm

USA | Wednesday, 3 March 2010 | Views [511] | Comments [1]

Pullman, WA.

By beautiful happenstance, my mom is up in Washington visiting her mom.  It was her birthday, and on the heels of just losing my grandmother's brother-and-law, there was a bit of a family reunion.

I met cousins I don't remember or never met (most likely never met) before.  We share the same great-grandparents.  Isn't that weird to think about?  I'm related to these people by blood, but they are such strangers to me.

Christina and I are staying in the middle of nowhere out of town on a farm that my uncle Darryl inherited.  In season they plant peas and barley and wheat.  Interesting.  Christina and I have driven all over the country seeing these farms, and once in a while we would make comments like, "It would be interesting to stay on a farm for a few days...but I could never live on one."  Ha, well, it happened. 

Also, apparently there are coyotes?  I'm not sure, but to do our running, we go with my mom to visit my grandma in town and run on the main roads.  Much more preferable.  I did my first 55 minute run today.  I'm surprised I ran that much (plus a couple of hills) since I took a week off to rest my quad. 

We have no work this whole week.  We'll make up for it next week when we have a semi-normal schedule again.  I definitely need to buy a language book and learn something with all this free time.

To be honest I was a bit concerned there wasn't much out here, but Pullman has an Anytime Fitness, and we're sitting in a cute coffee shop near the University.  Very small-town.  (What's new?).

Until next time, good night, dear void.

Comments

1

Sounds like you guys are having fun. I was just in San Jose, Tracey, Sacramento, San Leandro, Menlo Park last week and now I am sick. Take care of yourselves out there. I miss you.

  Gina Montecastro Mar 11, 2010 7:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.