Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Back in the Game

USA | Monday, 18 January 2010 | Views [633] | Comments [1]

Even though we've had work in the last two weeks, I didn't feel officially on the road yet because I was based at home.  It was nice that we got to be in my parent's house, and that I got to show my co-worker San Francisco and Santa Cruz, and introduce her to dim sum and Filipino food.  But now, we are back in the north and in the cold.

Being based at home was of course awesome. It did include lots of shopping for the trip though.  I gave in and bought a less-expensive (but still expensive) North Face jacket since I didn't have a really thick jacket for really cold weather, and definitely not for snow.  But I am happy with my purchase.


We are in Oregon at the moment.  We went through all kinds of different weather getting up here, from snow to mush to rain to mist.  And of course we have our low-budget van that has a starter that doesn't always start correctly, and an emergency break that doesn't release, and a headlight that is dimmer than the other, and the other headlight collects water.  It's pretty awesome.

My new co-worker is Christina, and she used to be a personal fitness trainer.  Today was day 1 at the gym we joined.  I already feel it in the muscles and bones I didn't know I had.  At least I'll stay in shape this semester, as oppose to sitting around all day.  I'm excited about it, as painful as it will be.  Also, I've been thinking about Haiti a lot, and just finished Donald Miller's new book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.  It's basically about story and how to live a good story in your life.  In the book he does a bike ride across America to raise money for a charity.  I thought, it would be really cool to do that, to bike and couchsurf across America to raise money for Haiti.  We'll see.


Until next time, good night, dear void.

Comments

1

I'm here and I'm reading :) Love you! stay warm!

  Maria Jan 29, 2010 6:42 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.