Existing Member?

Lauren's Space "Shenonkablonk."

August 6th- 7th (Wednesday and Thursday)

BELGIUM | Thursday, 7 August 2008 | Views [420]

in lokeren festival on sunday evening. me pulling a face at parci and him laughing

in lokeren festival on sunday evening. me pulling a face at parci and him laughing

YESTERDAY not much was done during the day. We got up and ate and then in the afternoon we went for a bike ride through the bird reservation again and to a watch house, and then rode back again. The trip took about an hour or more and the weather was really nice and warm. We got back and had people over preparing food for a BBQ that night and there was Parci's brother and sister, Isolde's friend, Fabianne, Fabianne's brother and two other guys but I can't remember their names. The food was really good that Fabianne, Isolde and I think Daphine prepared. Conversation was all in Dutch though so I don't have much else I can say. 

It got better later though when we played a game of something with the maze and then yatzee. Somehow I won both games which was pretty cool and after that people just talked and cleaned up.

TODAY Parci and I got up around 10am, ate with Fabianne, and then we all went to Gent to get soccor/football tickets for Parci and his friends to the match next week against some swedish team. Then it started pouring with rain and we only had one umbrella and I felt bad for Fabianne because she got drenched. We got back into the centre of Gent and had something to eat. The restaurant wasn't that good though. I got a ham panini sandwich thing and they gave me my plate and it was literally just two pieces of bread and two slices of ham. Nothing else, except for a small pile of grated carrot on the side of the plate. So I got some cheese from Fabianne from her spaghetti, and the side dish salad from Parci's meal and then I had a proper sandwich which was pretty good.

We met up with Tristan after he finished work and then split up after having a drink and Parci and I went to a bookstore and he bought me a book to teach me more dutch. Then we came home and Parci's been asleep on the couch since we got back which was over an hour ago now. So I might go for a walk or watch a movie now.

xx

 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.