Existing Member?

Lauren's Space "Shenonkablonk."

July 11th , Friday

BELGIUM | Friday, 11 July 2008 | Views [1135]

just got off bus on way home for dinner

just got off bus on way home for dinner

We have arrived in Gent, Belgium as of 5:15am this morning. Yesterday we got dropped off in Winchester at about 9am and then waited with my cousin Iona and the dog Chaz in Starbucks for a few hours because we had luggage. That waiting is ok though, because it was Starbucks. And I like their hot chocolate. Or, in dutch, it is heet shokolade melk. but dont trust my spelling. It is rather dodgey.

Winchester was a lovely town. we were going to go into the cathedral but apparantly to go into church there, u need to pay 4pounds. unless it is sunday. odd much? what happened to free worshipping?

By the way LYDIA, as i remember, i will reply to email later on coz im going to explore this new city today and then reply!

if u havent heard from me in 3 days tho then u should send me a reminder =_= my memory is old old old!!!

Anyway back to my story telling. we bought some food there and then went down to our bus stop and got the bus at 3:30pm. we went to London and arrived two hours later at the Victoria Coach station in 'Greater London.' is there such place? greater? Guess where we spent all the 3 hours we had to wait! Yep! Starbucks! we were going to meet emily there but then we realised we couldnt because she was coming at 7:45pm and we had to start checking in and everything at 7:30pm to get on our coach aty 8:30pm. we had a very funny driver and he was german. an american man was giving him trouble and arguing a lot with him before sulking in his seat on the bus so the german driver got a security man to come ina nd talk to him in english (the drivers english wasnt fantastic). parci listened to what he was saying tot he american and he was pretending not to understand and saying 'i am 100% german! you, you have no personality' and he was smiling whilst he said this to the american, who called him an arsehole and told him to fuck off. it was really quite amusing.

we drove and drove and it got dark and we arrived at the ferry port. we had to go through security and get our passports checked and get sniffed by a sniffing dog.

We had to wait for about two hours i think before we actually got onto the ferry. then we were woken up and thought it was another security check so we left all our stuff on the bus. we went onto the deck of the ferry and tried to sleep on the seats there. apparantly we did sleep though because next thing i knew, there was a french guard saying something to me and we realised that barely anyone was left on the ferry and all our bus people were back int he bus. so we got on the bus too and then kept driving for another 3 hours. then my psychic powers woke me up as we passed a sign saying 'Gent' so i woke up parci and ten minutes later, we were standing at the bus station waiting for a taxi. we had a lovely chap who i didnt understand. i was really tired and didnt pay attention then i realised that what he had said to me was in english but by that time it was too late to reply anyway so i didnt.


now it is morning and we are in parcis house. im in the kitchen. theyre in the living room i think. gent seems nice from what iv seen so far and last night. we are about to go look around the city now. the gent festivities start this monday and tomorrow we are having a bbq here for his dads bday which was two weeks ago.

it feels strange to have only been gone for less than two weeks but i hope im being missed :P i miss a few ppl as well. just a few though. and revel.

thanks to those who read the journal. dont forget u can leave comments saying hi to me if u want

i am going to try to upload some photos tonight because i couldnt at sallys.

am having a great tiem so far, and u shall hear from me again later!!!!

lauren the adventurous!!!

xoxoxoxox

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.