Existing Member?

Lauren's Space "Shenonkablonk."

July 11th Friday NIGHT

BELGIUM | Friday, 11 July 2008 | Views [330]

gent gent gent gent gent

gent gent gent gent gent

Friday Night in Gent
I got a brief walk about of Gent yesterday and it really is a beautiful city. They have a small castle in the middle of the city and lots of other old buildings. There's lots of side cafes as well which are good. Parci took me to a lolly shop and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah so many lollies!!!!! we got a whole bag ^^
Then we ate Belgian fries which are great! Better than ours in Oz. Then we went to a pub/cafe thing and met up with Tristan - parcis brother. We stayed for an hour I think and then went home to have dinner. It was a bit overwhelming with the whole family talking Dutch and everything being so different. We ate dinner with parci's parents and his sister Isolde. Isolde talks good english and Parci's parents aren't bad either, but we use sign language as well or get parci to translate if we need it. we are getting along really well though which is good.
After dinner we went out for a drink with Kenneth and Tamara, then met Bob and later on Tristan and Fabianne (his gf), and some other people. Everyone spoke english so i could udnerstand and I had a really good night. When everyone except Bob and his gf left, I got to meet Faruke who was Parci's manager at his old work. The people I met are all good people and easy to get along with and they're happy to talk english so I understand, and I only have good things to say about them. And they seem to think the same of us as well.
We got home around 4:30am after being out for 6 hours. My throat hurts from talking and yelling so much last night but it's worth it. And my head is spinning a bit but it is ok because I want to eat fries.
If you're travelling, Gent is great to go to!
Lauren xox

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.