Existing Member?

Lauren's Space "Shenonkablonk."

July 13th- Sunday

BELGIUM | Sunday, 13 July 2008 | Views [354]

Minouche and me :)

Minouche and me :)

I've now been in Gent for 3 days and it has been great. Tonight is the first night we are staying at home after we cancelled going to movies and a pub. Yesterday, Tom showed up and we went around the city with him. Tom is someone I've spoken to a lot on msn and deviantart [where I met Parci] and it was funny meeting him because it was like we'd already known each other for ages. We sat around cafes in the city and went home to a dinner of fries and beef that Parci's mum had cooked for us. Was very good! I love the fries here, in dutch, they are called 'frieten'. Later on around 11:30pm, we went out because Tristan had put us on a guest list for the Culture Club, meaning we got free entrance. It's meant to be a good club on the outside of the city and they had an event on I think. It wasn't that good though because the music was so loud you could feel your throat and ears vibrating from the bass, and it was so crowded that in some places we could barely move. We left after2 hours and got a taxi home.

Today we woke up around 12 and at 1pm, we had a sunday dinner of chicken and side dishes. Lekker ^^ (yummy)

Then I started translating a book from dutch into english and I'm finding it really easy to translate when reading and writing it out,and listening and knowing what people say, but it's a bit harder to speak it.

By this time it was already 6pm so we got our cameras and went to the bird reservation which is very close to Parci's home. I'll upload some photos. By the time we got back it was 10pm so we ate sandwiches and now I am here!!! good eh?

That is my short update on what is happening now. My dutch is slowly improving. I can't speak much more of it except short sentances but I am starting to understand more of what people say. Especially if it is a child talking because they're simpler.

Tomorrow I want to take some photos of this city, and buy a sim card for my phone and a bus pass.

Feel free to email or comment me

Lauren xoxoxox

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.