Existing Member?

Lauren's Space "Shenonkablonk."

July 26th, Saturday

BELGIUM | Saturday, 26 July 2008 | Views [466] | Comments [2]

oh yes he is talented

oh yes he is talented

Editssss: Phillips name is actually spelt as "Filip"

Raaaaaaaa's real name turns out to be 'Raan' so I wasn't too far off

And I still don't know how to spell the other name properly yet.

Two nights out!


Thursday night we went to the festival with Kenneth and Tamara and met up also with Bob and his friend, and a person who I think was Bob's friend's friend. Yep that makes sense.
But before we met up with Bob and Co., we went and saw a performance by a girl called Joni, who is a friend of Parci and she plays the guitar nd sings. She's really really good.

THEN we met Bob and Co., and we walked around and drank a bit as you do and Bob was very mean to me and squished a deep fried apple thing covered in icing sugar in my face, meaning i was covered in icing sugar. Bad Bob. Then I had some weird bush man (he had heaps of facial hair and a beard thing going that seemed to cover his face) who kept trying to stand close to me and saying what a nice girl I was and eventually Parci picked up that I was mouthing 'Help' to him so he stood next to me and the old man was like "oh there is love involved. That's nice, such a nice girl" and then moved closer to me and not only did he do this, but he kept leaning in when he spoke and I don't like faces near my face so it took a lot of control not to run away or appear to be insane by headbutting him.

After this we kept going from cafe to pub etc etc and I was looking for oney on the ground and by the end of the night, I had pocketed a whole 65cents. I did the same last night but only managed to find 26cents. I have a grand total of 91cents (if my maths doesn't fail me) and the taxi cost us €8 last night. There goes my profit of the night.

Last night on Friday we rode bikes to the city to find Parci some new shoes and walked around and got ice cream. A bit after we got back, we had a BBQ. Lots of good food ^^ Then we played with Minouche and she went crazy trying to catch the bit of the plant that we were waving at her. She also climbed a tree. Jungle Style.

Thennnn we got a bus around 10:30pm to the city, met Kenneth and Tamara, Reuban, Danny and Greet, and 'Little Erwin' who likes to giggle. There was a famous DJ I think who did a show until 3am so we stayed for all of that. He's a DJ from Belgium and he is 55. He was pretty good and the crowd was crazy. It was so condensed and nearly impossible to get into because everyone was up against each other and were sweaty. Yum.

We stood on the side of the crowd along the buildings and Kenneth danced like a nut and tried to hit on gay guys and danced with random people by grabbing them or chasing them as they went past. Him and Parci were dancing together a lot and some people stopped to watch them. It encouraged them a lot more when someone stopped and threw a €2 coin on the ground for them. Then they put a cup in front of them and danced behind it but even though some people stopped to watch, no one gave them anymore money. It was a good night.

After 3am when the DJ had finished, we went to a cafe and drank. My cup of fanta cost €2!! Next to our table was a man who was either basically asleep or very nearly passed out. So Kenneth sang him some lullabys, then Parci joined in, then they stacked cups up on his head, as you do, and it lasted for a minute before the guy moved his head and all the cups fells off and the noise woke him up. But then he was asleep again.

I think it was 4:30am when we waited for a cab home. So we were home around 5am I think. And I stayed in bed until 2pm today but in my defence, we weren't going anywhere today and it was pouring with rain. And staying in bed on rainy days is what you're supposed to do.

Then we ate breakfast/lunch around 3pm and Parci and I watched Aladdin! I love that movie ^^ and now here I am typing this and translating my NEW book!!! Uhu! Parci's mum got me a dutch boo! it's Roodkapje (Little Red Riding Hood) and it's got bigger font and LOTS of pictures!!! And I know a lot more of the words being used so I only have to use the dictionary for some of it.

Thank you for the comment Filip. You are a brave man thing and I hope others follow your example.

Oh and here is Joni's myspace. You should check it out because she really was good.

http://www.myspace.com/jonideboever

Lauren over and out

xox

Comments

1

Hi. The reason i giggled so much was becos i didnt want the people stare at us for laughing like hell.
It's strange but Parci just has that effect on me.
He's a great guy and im sure you'll have alot of fun times together.
Greetz

  Little Erwin Jul 27, 2008 4:51 AM

2

We had lots of fun that night. :p It made me wanna dance like really silly. At least somone gave us 2 euro because we were dancing like morrons. :D

  Not awake yet Parci Jul 28, 2008 10:10 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.