Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Whew, I have friends

BOLIVIA | Tuesday, 3 July 2007 | Views [893] | Comments [1]

Okay. So I woke up, moved over to my hostel, but I was a little let down to see I'm in the new Annex, while the patio roof and party place is at the old hostel a couple of blocks away. But whatever, I can head over for drinks and stuff. So I spent a while getting used to my new surroundings, and went over to the market to kill some time. Got some information about Pampas and Rainforest Tours, pamphlets and whatnot, and ordered some lunch. As I'm sitting, eating my apple pie and fruit salad, a girl walks in with her 2 friends and smiles.

Then I realize who it is.

Patricia!!!!!!!! The girl from Quebec that I was hanging out with in Huanchaco (North Peru) almost a month ago!!!!!!!!

So of course we sat and updated each other on our trips, her friends are really funny and really sweet, too. They leave for home on Thursday, but we ended up wandering the market for a couple hours (ooh by the way, I bought a hilarious llama purse, a change purse for when we go dancing and I don't want to bring my big one, a gorgeous stone-and-hemp necklace, and some wicked pants, and something else I forget for 90 Bs in total, less than $15), looking at the strange dried animals and herbs and clothes. Aaand I'm going to collect Kev and Gabi from their hostel, then meet the girls at La Luna pub around 10, and hopefully go dancing.

I also just received an email from the Australian I met briefly in Cusco and he's in La Paz in a couple days. Hopefully we're going to do the Uyuni Salt Flats together, and if not, hey- at least we're going to get to go out a bit before I leave La Paz!

So in conclusion, my friends and my family (and specifically Joe since I know you're reading this!), the world is, at least for now, a happy and balanced one full of people I love and know, so worry not for all is well!

Tags: friends

Comments

1

It was great to talk to you today (albeit brief)!! Glad to hear all is well. Love reading about your adventures! Fun travels! Joe

  lae Jul 4, 2007 3:18 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.