Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Final Entry...

CANADA | Friday, 3 August 2007 | Views [864] | Comments [1]

WOW the last time I wrote was Montanita?!

All right, just so everyone knows (because there may be a few people who were reading my journal who may not have yet been made aware of this); I'm back in Canada again!

I had to change my flight to come back in early August because I was almost 0 on cash, but I was informed by my airline that the only way I was getting out of South America before August 29th was if I was willing to leave...the next day. So I took it. It was VERY difficult for me to leave without doing my rainforest trip, but very sadly it was literally my only option. But really, I missed my friends, I missed my family, and I missed looking in my bank account and seeing triple digits. Having $30 to your name while in Ecuador, two continents away from home, is a scary thing! Especially when your damn "emergency Visa card" won't seem to function. Who knew you had to set up a pin number beforehand in order to use it on an ATM? Well, I guess anyone who'd owned a credit card before but I had not!

Looking at the pictures I've collected over the three months fills me with a sense of joy, accomplishment, and of course brings back incredible memories. Looking back it was the fastest three months of my life, and I'm starting saving immediately now so that after a brief visit to Ireland and England (just to see the people I'd met on my travels and really got along with), I'm off to either Thailand or Costa Rica! I definitely need to make up for missing out on the opportunity to do a rainforest tour in Ecuador.

So with some new friends around the world, hundreds of amazing photographs, calloused feet, a smile, and the best memories in my head, I bid you adeau! Happy travels, be it traveling to a foreign land or just through life, remember to take time and smell the dandelions!

Love, Kirsten <3

Tags: philosophy of travel

Comments

1

Hope you had a great trip & are already thinking of planning your next one!
Cheers

  stowaway Aug 3, 2007 9:35 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.