Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Get better!

BOLIVIA | Monday, 2 July 2007 | Views [527]

Ugggh okay, having a brutally bad head cold while in the highest capital city in the world is NOT fun. I did manage to go out today to the Witch´s Market, though, and was that unique! Llama fetuses, dried toads, other mysterious carcasses...definitely not something I've seen before! I ended up buying a couple of clay amulets (like, 1 Bs each- one for protection and one for health) and some very unfortunate-tasting natural medicine for my throat/head/nose. Reading the ingredients when I got home, I recognized the words onion, garlic and oil. Yummy.

Tomorrow, thankfully, I get to move to Adventure Brew Hostel, which is really exciting. First off because free beer every night you stay, free all-you-can-eat pancake breakfasts, hot showers- that is ALL YOU NEED! But I'm most pumped because I get to move to a dorm. Having a private room in a hotel is really nice, but pretty isolating and lonely. So hopefully tomorrow or the next day I will book my Worlds Most Dangerous Road bike trip, and I need to figure out when I'm going to the rainforest. And also, HEALTH! I WANT HEALTH! I can't bike for 5 hours or hike through rainforest if I feel like this!

PS: The amount of Juanes, Cafe Tacuba, Kumbia Kings/Kumbia Allstarz, Julieta Venegas and other bands I listened to at home that I hear here makes me giddy :D

Tags: doctors, hospitals & health

 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.