Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Siete horas

PERU | Sunday, 17 June 2007 | Views [627]

Me with my mosquito net in Mindo

Me with my mosquito net in Mindo

Last night was just way rad...I think it's ridiculous the number of cool people you meet on the road! Me, Pat, Soloman Island guy (James), all the people who work at the surf shop, two guys I'd met in Mancora who are now here in Huanchaco, 2 hilarious Brits, and a few others all started out hanging out outside the surf shop, moved to the bar, then back to the surf shop, and spent from 9pm-4:30 just hanging out in the street :P There was a little fiesta in the town, one of those "happy birthday, town" things or something, so there was totally a incredible live salsa band blasting through the streets. The company was fabulous, the weather (for once) was perfect, it was just great.

After only a few hours of sleep I awoke at 9 feeling surprisingly un-tired, and one of my first thoughts was "I'm ready to leave." Sometimes in places you just wake up feeling ready, so I told Patricia that and she conveniently felt the same thing. Her and I are bussing into Trujillo today to buy our tickets, then leaving on the nightbus for Lima! Angela, sadly, is having a magnificent adventure through central america and the states for now before Peru, so we will hopefully be meeting up later in the trip :) Until then, I'm off to purchase some more suckers (remember that sucker addiction I had living in Vancouver? Yeah. Relapse.) and my bus ticket!

Even other backpackers think it's weird that I love being on the bus. But it's so great! Listen to my tunes and relax/sleep, look out at the beautiful landscapes, don't think, or think as much as you want sin interruption, and it means you're on your way to a new place! Best feeling in the world.

PS: None of the pictures I put in my blog are in this country but I thought I'd throw a couple at you anyway ;)

Tags: people

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.