Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Fantasic Treetanic

HONDURAS | Tuesday, 11 March 2008 | Views [2284] | Comments [4]

Just so everybody knows (specifically my mother)- I WANT to put up pictures! I just can't find any computer on earth with a fast/stable enough connection to do so! It's funny that it's way easier to find computers in Honduras than it was in Costa Rica...it's just crazy-expensive here in Utila. And PHONE CALLS ARE A BILLION DOLLARS. Just cause it's a tourist town. So they can. Ugh.

But it's beautiful here. The bars are fun every night of the week, we made friends with the waitress and her boyfriend last night, the water is crystal blue and just amazing, it's really chill. I'm excited to spend a few nights here before heading over to Guatemala <3 Last night we went to a place called Treetanic, and it is the most incredible bar I've ever seen in my life. It's like a wonderland. The guy who owns it and the surrounding hostel is an artisic genius. So the bar itself is on these platforms in the trees a little high up, and all around is a courtyard you can explore. There's a gazebo and arches and bridges and stairs, and every step, every wall, every surface is COVERED with hundreds of millions of pieces of broken glass, marbles, recycled bottles, action figures, seashells, mosiac...it's Disneyland for your eyes! We spent forever wandering, taking pictures and exploring and we're going back today to see it more. It was mind-blowing.

I'll probably write another blog tonight, just because we're pretty slow right now and not too too much is going on, plus this internet is really fast and the place is air-conditioned (!), so we'll talk to you soon!

Tags: party time

Comments

1

All I can say Kirst ... Is WOW! It is all mind-blowing!! Sounds so ....paradise..be it scary at times...u r braver than I! Knowing u r having an awesome time... wish we were there experiencing it all with u!! BE SAFE, Luv u

  Liz & Brice Mar 12, 2008 5:23 AM

2

I check your blog everyday so definately write more. I love reading it. More good times for Kirsten!!! Brandon wants to know your old e-mail password so he can try to get into it for you. Love you babe. Have fun and be safe. Mama

  Donna Mar 12, 2008 10:43 PM

3

Mom's been keeping me up to date but reading it is even more fun. Glad you're well and having fun.
PS- Understand why you can't phone as you parents don't have a Billion $ to repay you for it. If, however, it goes down to a $20 or less call us and we'll repay you :-)
Love ya, Dad

  Wayne Mar 13, 2008 10:42 AM

4

Hey girl,

Love to read about your adventures. We are all excited to hear about your movements on the globe...Blake is still in Vicoria playing Rugby. Looking forward to spending some time with your Mom, Dad and Brandon at the end of the month. Take care love...Miss you.

  Auntie B Mar 13, 2008 11:03 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.