Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Hitchin´up

NICARAGUA | Saturday, 8 March 2008 | Views [585] | Comments [2]

I awoke this morning to the friendly smile of Caryn Simmons, the amazing musician and human I´ve been with since Monteverde. Within moments we´d said our goodbyes, with hugs and love and sad smiles, and she was off to explore the city of Granada.

Yesterday we wandered in a magical, beautiful city. Probably the most gorgeous one in Central America. Old colonial houses and tiendas line the streets, painted darling bright rainbow colors. We climbed the narrow stone steps to the belltower of an ancient church and looked out over the city, seeing terra cotta-colored rooves, palm trees, an old yellow church in the distance and right behind it, Lake Nicaragua (a layer of crystal blue water). We ate well and spent the evening in, watching movies at the hostel.

So after a farewell to Caryn and some delicious french toast, me and Anna (my new travel buddy) made our way slowly to the bus stop. There we got to Managua, the capital city, and ate lunch in the food court of the most American mall on earth. It even had Radio Shack and Osh Kosh B´gosh! Chinese food (hahaha) and banana splits!!! After a break with food and air conditioning, we hopped the next bus to Esteli, a beautiful little city in the north, very untouristy and very lovely. Y mañana (tomorrow) en la mañana (morning) we leave to cross into Honduras! Current plans include scuba diving together in the Bay Islands, and possible plans include a qucik trip to Guatemala for a week of Spanish lessons, then heading back to Costa Rica together to volunteer at different places! Lovely. Nothing set in stone, but floating freely and warmly.

No se if we´re staying in the capital, Tegucigalpa (haha try saying that 10 times fast! Or even once!) over night, or if we´ll carry on straight to the north of Honduras! We´ll figure it out as we go. It´s all sugar.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

All sounds lovely my darling. U R soooo cool. I love you. Take care and be as safe as u r. Mama

  Donna Mar 9, 2008 3:04 PM

2

post some pics

  Donna Mar 9, 2008 3:17 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.