Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Hello mother, hello father, here I am in, camp Granada!

NICARAGUA | Thursday, 6 March 2008 | Views [2418]

Location; Granada, Nicaragua

Caught the bus from Monteverde to Nicaragua. Ended up taking 2 buses, followed by 2 taxis, followed by a ferry and another bus, with 2 Americans I met in the hostel in Costa Rica. Most stressful border ever, INSTANT change from Costa Rica in the amount of poverty. Crazy.

Ended up in Ometepe, an island in Lake Nicaragua in the south of the country. Stayed in a semi-isolated hostel, a 25 minute walk from the nearest small store, a 20 minute drive from the nearest small town. Spent a couple of days getting more sunburnt. Sunsets and cigarettes. Hostel was RIGHT on the water, and had 2 geese roaming the property who would attack anyone within 10 feet of them, and block the paths, and chase you when you were swimming. We swore at them an awful lot. Even the Italian guy who NEVER says anything yelled at them that he would cook them XD

Lots of relaxation. As always. Beautiful. Nicaragans are THE friendliest, smiliest people I´ve ever met. They´re amazing. The land was perfect. Palm trees in the south, sunset in the west, beaches on the east and 2 volcanoes in the north. Pictures to come. As always.

Arrived with my Americans in Granada this evening. It´s so, so hot and humid. As always. We met a girl from Alabama, this awesome environmentalist hippie who rocks my socks, and we all went out to dinner with an amazing conversation about sustainability and environment and politics (the American guy we´re with is pro-nuclear-power and anti-environmentalist-protesting). Eased out of the heated discussion with no problem, though shared opinions and new considerations. Danced in the street to the techno version of La Bamba! Alabama girl wants to come with me to Honduras! SOMEONE TO CROSS THE BORDER WITH! And she´s just the coolest. We leave Granada the day after tomorrow, go to Leon for the night, maybe somewhere else for the next night, then take off for Honduras!

Short entry. As always. Going out for salsa and such tonight, mucho magic!

Much love, as well! Updates soon, as always!

Tags: beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.