Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Swoosh, mas aventuras!

COSTA RICA | Friday, 29 February 2008 | Views [608] | Comments [1]

Hmm well, I tried for an hour to upload some pictures for all y´all, but that doesn´t seem to be happening on this computer so we´ll try again later...

Location: Monteverde, Costa Rica (up in the cloudforest!)

Adventures? Plenty. We went from Dominical to Uvita, a nearby teeeeny town. Arrived, the hostel was full, so the front desk woman called someone. Within minutes an adorable Tica (Costa Rican woman) pulled up in a truck and drove us to her new just-opening hostel/hotel. Um, fresh paint, fresh new tiles, sparkling clean, private bathroom? We couldn´t get over how spoiled we were! $7 a night per person! Whew!

We walked down this LONG dirt road for forty-five minutes or so and ended up at the entrance to a national park. He told us it was $6 per person to enter. Being that it was an hour before dark, we started to leave, and he suddenly burst in with ¨I´ll let you in for free because it´s late in the day.¨ Wicked.

No one else was there. Everyone had left by now, all the tourists and expats, and we were left with a long palm tree-lined and seashell-littered golden beach, all to ourselves. Best part about it? NO SURFERS! We owned the ocean! We dove right into the warm water and swam through the waves, getting coated with salt and sand, and watched a hot pink sun fall behind an island and disappear into the sea. You can´t get any better than that at all.

We got some really neat shells and made our way back, just as it began to pour rain! We were drenched by the time we got back, but went to the grocery store anyway and Steve proceeded to cook us (oh by the way, us is Steve, me and the yoga instructor we met, Alyssa) fettuccine alfredo! Mmmm it was amazing.

We spent the next day at a waterfall swimming, then went back to Dominical for the night, drank on the beach, went to open jam night to watch hippies from all over get together with strangers and create beautiful music with no pre-planning.

The next day the three of us sat on the roadside, hitchhiking. The plan was to hitch to San Icidro (an hour drive) and then catch the bus from there to San Jose, but we ended up in a very nice, very air-conditioned car with a 58-year-old man from Utah, who was headed to San Jose as well! We shared AWESOME conversation and lots of stories, and he dropped us off at our hostel in San Jose. Thank God for amazing people.

Spent the night in San Jose and said goodbye to our beautiful new friend, who I very much intend on keeping in touch with and even visiting in San Diego. She was off back to the states for a 2-week roadtrip with a friend.

SO Steve and I made our way Northwest to Monteverde, where today we shall go hiking in the cloudforest for a few hours and then do a guided night hike, and tomorrow do a canopy tour and maybe butterfly garden!

So that's my update, basic but still an update, and I´ll talk to you all soon!

Buena suerte, much love!

Tags: adventures

Comments

1

Thank you for calling me last nite. It's always good to hear your sweet voice. I'm jealous, you sound like you are having an awesome. I love you my girl. Be safe. Mama

  donna Mar 1, 2008 8:36 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.