Existing Member?

Europe 2017

Car Repair ITALIAN STYLE

ITALY | Wednesday, 12 July 2017 | Views [524]

Since I've knocked the medicine here, in fairness, I'd like to tell you about having our brand new (well all most) car repaired. After the accident, aside from body work and other problems, the air-conditioner was giving off heat. After contacting Peugeot France, it was arranged to take the car to a dealer relatively close by to have it repaired. The service manager at the dealership asked Ed when we were planning to leave Italy. It turned out that he had to order all the parts from France and Peugeot could not get them here before we were supposed to leave. So, this nice man, who had promised Ed the car in one week, did something extraordinary. Since he wasn't going to receive all the parts he needed in time, he actually dismantled a brand new Peugeot from the showroom and put the parts in to our car! He told Ed that when the parts arrive from France, he will reassemble their car. Now, that's what I call great service. Maybe this man should be in charge of re-hauling the  Italian medicine system and ours too, while he is at it! 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.