Existing Member?

Europe 2017

Get Ready For Some Interesting Sounding Names!

FRANCE | Monday, 11 July 2016 | Views [275]

We have arrived in Perros-Gueric, the land of the Rose Colored Granite. And we were warmly greeted by our friend Pierre from whom we rented several years ago. In fact, our friendship is a good example of “paying it forward”. When we first contacted Pierre about renting one of his apartment's, he was very helpful about providing all the information that we needed. He was so intrigued about where we lived that he rented a house for his whole family, in Cape Coral, for several weeks in January. We invited them to our home and we spent an enjoyable evening together. When we arrived in Perros the first time, we were greeted as old friends. Pierre even arranged for Ed to play tennis with his group. And of course, it's the same thing this visit as well. Pierre helped us settle in and has invited us to see the new home that he is building high above Perros with what must be a spectacular view of the sea.

We are now in the Brittany region as opposed to Normandy. The view from our apartment is magnificent. I can't wait to break out the paints!

Our last stay was during the month of June. What a difference a month makes, especially when you are in high season! Everything is in full swing! The surfing classes are full. I watched part of one today. But it seems so much easier on the sand than it would be in the water. Perhaps, I would do better at the sailing school...

View from our apartment

View from our apartment

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.