Existing Member?

Two Monkeys...Monkeying Around

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu Sydney!!

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 4 February 2006 | Views [575] | Comments [2]

Twas the eve of our departure from the city we have called home for the past 5 months. Bittersweet sentiments flow through our hearts: excitement for the next leg of our journey coupled with the sadness of leaving this amazing city. Such great memories and experiences we will take with us as we move along down the coast of Queensland. But such is the life of the backpacker.

We will never forget our life defining experiences while trying to adapt to this foreign land. But alas Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef await our arrival. We grow increasingly excited as the hours near. And so we say a heartfelt 'G'Day!' to Sydney and to all the great people we have met here, and cast our sights on the tropical state of Queensland, our home for the next month.

To check out our location for the next month here is a map. We will be venturing up to Cairns first and then slowly make our way down to Brisbane.

http://www.bugbog.com/maps/australasia/australia_map.html

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

You really should have taken me along as a photographer.

  David (The Little Fella) Feb 5, 2006 3:52 PM

2

Glad that you two are finally going to see more of Australia. I know that you will see more beautiful sights,places enjoy your backpacking voyage. P.S.- Since I got a new camera, I should be going as the photographer, Dave.

  Dad Feb 6, 2006 4:59 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.