Existing Member?

Two Monkeys...Monkeying Around

Finding Nemo

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 9 February 2006 | Views [935] | Comments [3]

Our nothernmost Australian travels have brought us to Cairns, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and incredible tropical rainforests. We are spending a week here taking in the sights and treating ourselves to some much yearned for rest and relaxation. No work or school for an entire month... how long has it been since we've been able to say that? We definately realize how fortunate we are and we are taking every opportunity to maximize our time here!

Cairns is a great little town, really the opposite of Sydney in everyway (which is not a bad thing... two opposites can both be great!) No beach in town, but a massive man-made lagoon that's open all day and night allows for some serious R&R and frolicking. We went out on to the Great Barrier Reef for 5 hours of indescribable beauty. The corals, the fish, the water... amazing. We also spent an entire day in the rainforest checking out (and swimming in!) some amazing waterfalls. All in all, Cairns and its 35 degree weather has been amazing so far, and we look forward to enjoying our last few days here before moving on to Airlie Beach.

To see some photos we've taken in the past week, take a look at the Gallery called "Cairns"

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

I gather that you guys REALLY enjoyed the waterfalls. Can'nt wait to hear about the snorkeling. By the way Justin did you ever let go of that rope.

  Brian Feb 10, 2006 1:15 AM

2

Ohmigod! What a fabulous journal... and no, we didn't have the right address or else we would've been checking this out all the time. Keep having fun!

  Ian Feb 10, 2006 11:50 AM

3

Hi you down under, We finally got your journal and pictures,can't beleive we did'nt before,great pictures and comments about all of your experiences,bugs and all,Cairns looks wonderful and you both look great,enjoy enjoy enjoy is the name of the game,keep in touch,its -17 here today,lots to look forward too. Love DADXXXXOOOOO

  Dad Feb 11, 2006 1:11 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.