Existing Member?

Two Monkeys...Monkeying Around

Solway Lass & Noosa

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 21 February 2006 | Views [1216] | Comments [1]

We just returned from a three day three night sailing cruise on the Solway Lass, a 100 year old ship with a crazy history including participating in both world wars. Our expectations were high going in: this was THE part of the trip we were most looking forward to... and we were blown away.

Being rocked to sleep in an ocean of blues and aquamarines as far as the eye can see was incredible... snorkelling among tropical fish, some a meter long, was unforgetable. The food... well, after travelling around for a while, it was nice to be fed at regular intervals :)

A rope swing, champagne on a secluded beach to watch the sun go down... such an unbelievable and unforgettable experience. The cherry on the cake: Leigh celebrated her 24th on the boat, and lets just say the captain of the ship "cracked the whip".

Well, the end of our adventure in Australia is nearing its end... we are both sad to leave because of the amazing times we've had here, but also super stoked to get back to Ottawa, to see everyone again and to move on to the next step of our lives. We're just chilling in an amazing little beach town called Noosa in a resort on the secluded north shore where we can peak at wild kangoroos (complete with little joeys sticking out the pouches!) just outside our patio door.

T-minus 1 week... time flies when you're having the time of your life... but we wil never forget this experience.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Gees, did the Captain make you walk the plank. Now that would have been a worthwhile birthday present. Lounging on the beach drinking champagne. A bit more glamorous than drinking brown "bubbly pops" in the boat.

  Dad Feb 23, 2006 11:22 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.