Existing Member?

Live your dreams

On my way to Switzerland

SPAIN | Friday, 15 November 2013 | Views [369]

9:33 Barcelona to Zurich 15 de noviembre

It all feels so surreal still, it feels so ordinary and so exciting at the same time. Im really excited to see Anina again and to see Switzerland. I know its going to be an amazing week with her

Yesterday was my last full day in Euskal Herria, i woke up with the feeling that i was back at home in my room. It was a strange feeling, and i hadnt experienced that for a long time. Seems like im ready to go home. I went for my last long walk with the dog Ortzi, we climbed Santa Maña and I said goodbye to the beautiful town of Elorrio. Afterwards i packed my suitcase, which was strange because i felt like i was packing for a new journey away from home. After i went to visit the grandparents of Iratxe to say my final goodbye. Then i caught up with my close friends from elorrio and we exchanged gifts and partially said our goodbyes. Then we went to pintxo pote with other friends from elorrio, bar hopping through the streets. Then i came home to a wonderful dinner of tio's home made tortilla. This morning tio took me to the airport where i took my first flight, bilbao to barcelona. He was sweet when he said goodbye, he held my bag and waited with me until he couldn’t anymore – he dropped my bag and gave me a big hug and told me to come back soon. He reminds me of dad, in the way that he’s so caring and loving but so shy about it, and won’t say it unless he really means it. I know i’ll be back soon J Now this leads me to where i am here and now, waiting for the plane to take flight. It was sad to say goodbye but at the same time im really ready to come home. My body is craving routine, healthy food, fitness, the heat (again), my family's love, my friends' company.

The last few days have been spent with family and food. All their goodbyes and home made beautiful dishes to send me off nice and plump on my long journey home. I also went to a concert the other day with my close friends Gotzon and Txeki, the two boys who i will miss dearly from elorrio.

I know ill miss everyone, but i hope to keep in touch through skype and i hope that one day ill return again.

Until next time...

Things im looking forward to doing at home:

Living my own life.

Going for a run

Buying a bike, riding it

Road trips

Making pancakes for bec

Playing with the doggies

Taking care of my body

Taking vitamins

Road trips to the beach

Seeing claire

Sleep overs

Cooking for myself

Having my own room

Not living out of a suitcase

Having good conversations with sammy

Mums hugs

Dads conversations

Playing tennis

Painting outside

Loooong walks

Making my books

The sun

Getting a job

Diving

Dream board for 2014

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.